1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuelly app or is there something better?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jry423, Feb 20, 2015.

1. jry423

jry423 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    is the fuelly app good and well used around here, or is there something better for tracking this stuff.

2. HondaTheNextOne

HondaTheNextOne Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I see it at the bottom of a lot of posts so I'm curious about it as well.

3. Lino

Lino Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    II
    They use to have a descent app, but when they changed it to more like the website, I eventually gave up on using Fuilly all thogether.
    To me their app stinks.
    Now I only use it Fuelly for research.

4. FrankB

FrankB Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I use the Android app My Cars.

5. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I use fuelly. I could use a spreadsheet but why when the web site does it for me. I don't use it from my cell phone, not that I couldn't, just habit.

6. RRxing

RRxing Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    I use both a spreadsheet and the online Fuelly (not the app). I like the additional info I've added to my spreadsheet, but enter the info in Fuelly to keep it current on PriusChat.

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  7. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Regarding Fuelly, use the feature where you enter the odometer reading into the site instead of the miles traveled. I used to track miles traveled between tanks using the Trip A counter, but it was reset several times after being serviced at the dealer, and you need to remember to reset the meter each time you refill the tank.

8. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    I recommend Fuelly - it's easy to use, either from their website or using the app. As xliderider says above, use the option to enter the odometer reading, then the only other info you need to enter is the number of gallons for the fuel-up and the price per gallon if you want to track costs as well as MPG.
    Click on the Fuelly link in any signature you see here and you can view what the website looks like.

9. Robert Holt

Robert Holt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I use Fuelly and the odometer method as that matches the paper book record I carry in the car. One trick is to enter your first fuel up as 1 mile and 1 gallon. That way the total Fuelly miles are = the book total miles +1, making it easy to coordinate the two records. I add comments to the Fuelly records to help explain higher or lower mpg for certain refuelings as my driving conditions vary widely. Hope info helps others understand mpg in the Prius.

ftl likes this.
  10. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    How do you get fuelly into your signature?

Is it as simple as copy/pasting the link?

Thx.

- also, is it impossible for me to use fuelly with the "miles driven via odo" way now that I have 7-8 tank though it w/o tracking that. I have always just written down miles travelled, displayed mpg, and calculated mpg.

11. qdllc

qdllc Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I like Fuelly, but I agree their updated app leaves something to be desired compared to what it once was. I've had stuff that makes no sense on the app, but I then go online via web browser and see nothing's wrong.

The logo we post is up on the Fuelly website. You pick the kind you want and it give you the coding you need to insert into your signature line. I think they have a shortcut in the website's FAQ section because it's not obvious to locate.

12. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Should you want a more general 'mileage log' for tracking personal vs business vs charity time and distance, and use Android, I can recommend

Best Automatic Car Mileage Tracker & Fleet Management App - TRIPLOG

There are also iOS and web versions, but I have not used them.

The free version was fine until I wanted to simplify my taxes, and I blew $10, so I would not have to add up each month personal vs business vs charity mileage.

The $10 version is nice in a Prius, as it starts a trip each time the power comes on and can also read OBDII mileage when the trip is over, which the free version does not do. Both allow you to name destinations.

Plans & Pricing For TRIPLOG Mileage Tracker App.

Robert Holt likes this.
  13. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I like Fuelly because I can change my mobile device to any other with a browser (or even use someone else's) and still have access to all my information. I usually just take pictures of the odometer and receipt and enter them on my computer when I get home. I'll use the mobile website if I'm travelling and just have to know that the mileage was.

14. ftl

ftl Explicator

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Robert Holt and Blizzard_Persona like this.
  15. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
  16. Boston Jim

Boston Jim Active Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I personally like Road Trip HD on my iPhone, it's now $4.99, but I've used it for over three years with no problems/issues. Provides great tracking, graphs, expenses and maintenance etc for all of your cars. Though I'll still update my data to Fuelly.

The developer actually responded to my request for help transferring data from another program I used on my old Android phone on a Sunday night. Talk about customer service.