1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Full SEIBON Carbon Fiber Body Kit $799

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by t0pgear, Jul 12, 2015.

1. t0pgear

t0pgear Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Full SEIBON carbon fiber body kit for 2010-2011 Toyota Prius. Makes the Prius look much more aggressive with a massive diffuser and gloss carbon fiber front and side splitters. Cannot tell you how many heads this kit turns and how many people will tell you it's the coolest Prius they have ever seen. Brand new the kit costs $1820 from SEIBON not including shipping which is usually another $100-$200. Many more detailed pics available upon request.

Parts listed here:
    MB-style carbon fiber front lip for 2010-2011 Toyota Prius - PRODUCTS

MB-style carbon fiber rear lip for 2010-2011 Toyota Prius - PRODUCTS

MB-style carbon fiber side skirts for 2010-2011 Toyota Prius - PRODUCTS

Again, there is minor wear on the ends of the kit (the parts you don't see in the wheel well) from road wear, but this can be easily brought back to life with a quick hit of clear coat (even from a spray can available at Home Depot or Autozone). The bottoms of the pieces have minor road rash given that it's so low but this is all on part a you don't see.

Minor scuffs on the front/rear corners, but again easily fixable with carbon fiber resin/epoxy which is also available on eBay.

The front splitter was damaged on the front right corner but a piece of ice in the road in the winter. Not only was the corner remolded and rebuilt but the entire front splitter was reinforced with several more layers of carbon fiber on the backside so that it would be 10x as strong as it came from the factory. The splitter was then covered in 3m clear bra. You can see the clear bra is coming off a bit so when the kit is sold I can either peel it off or leave it on, but the clear bra kept the splitter in great shape.

It's important to note SEIBON did not properly mold the side skirts to be able to mount directly to the car. So the good news is these side skirts include the hardware and drill points to mount them perfectly which ended up costing $100's in labor just to figure out during the install.

Attached Files:

2. Xterra72

Xterra72 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You were just showing this mod on another thread and now you're selling it?

Are you selling your Prius? ?

3. t0pgear

t0pgear Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I am. Let me know if you're interested (y)

4. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Wow. Any reason?

Sweet kit!

5. t0pgear

t0pgear Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Yeah, I love the car and it's been a lot of fun and good to me, but living in Colorado, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot here in the west by not having a 4wd vehicle. So looking to upgrade to something with high clearance that can take me into the back country.

6. Blizzard_Persona

Blizzard_Persona Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE

Gotcha. Fair enough.

Don't downplay the Subaru's. I owned 4 back to back and took them on some pretty gnarly off road trips.... Mud, snow, ice...

7. 2k1Toaster

2k1Toaster Brand New Prius Batteries

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    If you didn't drop your prius so much, it can handle Colorado. I know, I do it. I'm out on the 4x4 "only" trails, forging rivers and driving down dirt deer paths with large rocks sticking up and sinkholes in the middle all in my little 2006 Prius. Compared to most 4x4 vehicles I see (other than wranglers), the Prius is pretty narrow and you can get around most obstacles elegantly without having to just brute force go over them. The bigger your battering ram of death, the less options you have on the trails so that big rock in the road has to be climbed versus go around it.

Like you, my Prius is the ski car and makes it up to Summit County almost every weekend in ski season. Excellent car.

Burna J likes this.