1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Full update 2010

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Cooterk, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Cooterk

Cooterk Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    It's been a while since I last posted so figured I could contribute to what I'm seeing on my vehicle.

Around 110,000 my car was stolen on a sunny day in NC. How you ask? Great question. Girlfriend left the fob in the glovebox, thieves ransacked the car, stumbled on said fob, and voila they joyride. She cries, cop laughs at me telling him it's a Prius. Literally says...who steals a Prius?!?" Whatever pal!

Get call right before insurance payout (actually would prefer the car back since my deductible is high and car is depreciating) that police found car in a parking lot and was out of gas. Was out of town so they tow car to impound and I have to drop $200 to get it out. Thanks clowns!

Anyway, had just done oil change, filters, etc and car came back drivable but a disaster inside. Crack pipes, cigarillos, etc. I'm miffed. Anyway, immediately change filters had it detailed and it actually came out ok.

Forum should know that I just took it into Toyota for plugs, tires, alignment, etc. Normally do stuff myself but had a gift card so had to spend it at the dealer. I get a call into the shop bay since they hit me on the airbag recall while it was in there. Super cool tech pulls down the headliner and mouse poop falls out. He says they are definitely up there or were up there, get some traps just in case. He tells me this is his tenth recall job and 5 have had nice issues. He's seeing a bunch of gen 3 come in with an airbag light on already and they are chewing through the harness. $2k harness. So, watch those mice.

Now at 120k and brakes are still 8m and 7 rear. Crazy. I've also noticed a 2q oil consumption between 10k change so definitely check those fluids every other fill.

Still pleased with the ride though, can't kill this thing and my gal is back to driving her like Ricky Bobby.

Good luck!

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    glad everything worked out! please post you oil usage in the 2010 oil thread. all the best!(y)

3. eliteconcept

eliteconcept 700 mile club, top tank mpg 69.5

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    that sucks, but glad it was found. to lighten the mood your story reminded me of the movie the other guys and dirty mike and the boys...

Cooterk likes this.
  4. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I want to joy ride your Prius next @Cooterk !! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Cooterk likes this.