1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funky MFD Behavior

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by TonyPSchaefer, Feb 1, 2014.

1. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm visiting my in-laws. This evening, we were riding in their 2005 when I noticed the Screen was wonky. There appeared to be the diagnostics screen "under" the normal screen. However, the wheels were rotating backwards as though we were in Reverse, there were no arrows at all, and the battery was all green. When I switched to the Consumption screen, the real-time mpg showed 0.0. Flipping back to Energy 'fixed' the diagnostics thing but not the overall screen issues.
    Pressing the [Menu] button gave the message "the external system is not connected". The radio, which was on when we powered off the car, would not turn on.
    At a stoplight, my father-in-law restarted the car and everything returned to normal.
    So my question is this: has anyone seen anything like this? Could this be indicative of an MFD failure the likes of which others have reported?

[​IMG]

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I'm bumping this. Surprised no one has replied yet.

3. vskid3

vskid3 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Check 12v battery?