1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funny article from Time Magazine Feb. 2010

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by 2009Prius, Feb 18, 2010.

1. 2009Prius

2009Prius A Wimpy DIYer

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    4 people like this.
  2. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Absolutely the best editorial on the Prius yet! Now, where's my Range Fed Tofu and All Natural Plutonium Snack Mix?

3. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Tell me that article wasn't for real!

or were they being sarcastic?

4. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I think that article is highly realistic. Cassandra probably is a PriusChat member, since she feels comfortable leaving the driver's side floor mat in place... :cool:

2 people like this.
  5. pakitt

pakitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    The only thing I know is that I have been pissed about by my german colleagues about the Prius, even before the brake "issue" came out. The so-called [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude"]schadenfreude[/ame]. About 3 weeks of hammering. Really annoying.
    I can only tell them that I will never buy VW again, since my 7 year old Polo was breaking down in all possible ways (3500€ of repairs, excluding the amount of stuff they changed within the first 2 years of warranty, including a self-cracked windshield). So much for the german quality. At the end I would take the car only to drive in town, with fear it would break down any moment.
    No car is perfect, but people forget all the other recalls on other cars when their attention is to bring Toyota down.
    This article is the first I have seen that honestly re-defines the "brake problem":
    On Stopping a Prius – and Maybe Some of the Panic
    I am honestly sick and tired of hearing all this crap about Toyota, the recalls and everything that goes around it - there is so many interests and money involved in this, that is everything except serious now.