1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funny how Prius Owners think alike....

Discussion in 'Prius Owner Photos' started by bshef, May 10, 2006.

1. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    walking out to my car this morning for the drive to work......
    I noticed the direction all the cars were parked on my street.....
    then I also noticed my neighbors Prius and Mine looked little different...(everyone parked in one direction except the Prius's......) :rolleyes:
    ps.....this wasn't set-up....I've never even met this person with the black Prius yet!

[​IMG]

2. mike0422

mike0422 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bshef @ May 10 2006, 10:19 AM) [snapback]252731[/snapback]</div>
    It was probably a one way street going the other way and you two were too busy admiring you high mpg on the screen to notice....just teasing. That is a funny pic. In VA you have to park facing the direction of the lane for which side you would drive on.

3. bshef

bshef Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    II
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ May 10 2006, 09:19 AM) [snapback]252821[/snapback]</div>
    Yeh....I'm hip to that law...same here in Cali.
    these are private streets however and peeps park like this all the time, I guess Private streets are immune? :D

4. bobr1

bobr1 New Member

Here in Portland I had always assumed it was legal to park facing either way, especially in NE Portland where the residential streets are pretty narrow and difficult to turn around in. "Everybody does it". I've even seen people routinely park with wheels up in the planting strip on very narrow streets. I've seen this for years, have parked opposite-direction myself numerous times without incident and without raising an eyebrow.

Lo and behold, a few years ago when the "mother in law" moved to town, she parked that way and asked me if it was OK, and I said yes. That night, there was an "enforcement action" and every wrong-faced car on the street, including hers, got a ticket!

I called the parking office and was informed that is not legal anywhere in Portland, but enforcement is "usually" complaint-driven. Grrr.

To this day I've not seen a change in behavior in our neighborhood, and I've never seen anyone else get a ticket. I've even seen police cars and city-owned vehicles parked opposite-direction (and not for some special purpose like responding to a call).

- Bob R.

5. qbee42

qbee42 My other car is a boat

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mike0422 @ May 10 2006, 12:19 PM) [snapback]252821[/snapback]</div>
    No, it's one way and they were backing down the street so they could park with their backup cameras. :p

Tom

6. Manksgloob

Manksgloob Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I live in California as well, but I recently got a ticket for parking facing the wrong direction.
    The actual reason was "Right wheels more than 18" from curb" with a comment at the bottom that said "Parked backwards."

I had also thought private streets would have been more "immune" but aparently there was a police officer who had been patrolling along that morning.

To make things worse, there aren't actually any houses or buildings on that side of the street. It's an open space with a couple trees and a chain-link fence that "seperates" us from the freeway.

Ah well, I sucked it up and paid the $27 fine.

The more you know.