1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FUNNY ITEM OF THE WEEK!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by InTheWASide, Aug 17, 2004.

1. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Wow... glad that prius buyers are more level headed...

<a href=\'http://www.fuh2.com/deadh2.php\' target=\'_blank\'>http://www.fuh2.com/deadh2.php</a>

I put this in the main forum because this is just SO funny and more people view here than other forums...

Here's the text in case anyone's weird about going to other sites...

I thought y'all might enjoy this. This is a brand spankin' new GM H2 in all its "glory" that went for a little joy ride at La Sierra University in Riverside, CA (my gf works for PR there and took the pics, good job DJ!).
    Heres what happened: This chick took her mom and kids out for a ride at 3AM and saw construction and dirt and so forth around the campus. She thought to herself "hey, this is an H2, i saw it in a commercial and it could do anything. Its an all terrain vehicle, right?"
    She then procedes to dive around campus for a while and then broke through the cable barrier (took 2 tries) that prevents idiots from running into the schools brand new samaritan statue. she then hit a 1' dirt curb at about 40mph, and then right into the statues cement base. Needless to say, the curb and cement were victorious.
    When asked why she did it, she repiled "I wanted to jump the statue, i saw it on tv"
    She wasnt drunk or under any kind of influence and yes, the kids were inside when it happened. This is all very true. here are the pics:

Note, there are a total of SIX PICS at the link

2. richard schumacher

richard schumacher shortbus driver

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Ah! This makes me feel as good as I did last night while pulling smoothly away from an H2 at every stoplight on my way home.

3. Brian

Brian Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nice pics. :D

4. bruceha_2000

bruceha_2000 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    That sucker looks like someone dropped it about from about 50 feet! I was trying to figure out if they could have done it by going off road, but the thing looks too clean for that.

5. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

There's a link bruce...
    I made it bigger in the original so it's more noticeable

6. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Yes, thanks. I saw that after I posted. I guess off road vehicles can't be used to jump 1 foot concrete barricades. Sort of makes one wonder just how"off road" you really could take an H2. Seems like the extra clearence would be of little use on a rutted and rock strewn trail.

7. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

scary that people that dumb can afford h2's, isn't it?

8. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, if it was a woman and her kids in it, I think that playing the average, she's not the one with the job. Could be wrong, though, and I mean no sexist things at all in that remark...just trying to be literal. :mrgreen:

9. aarons12

aarons12 New Member

well, i agree with you except that it happened at 3 a.m., not at a time when we might wonder if she would otherwise be working if not for the kids... still i agree it's likely enough that you're right. guess that makes her husband the dumb one... for marrying her! :D

10. starla30

starla30 New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Actually, from the article I get the impression that one of the kids was driving. But that's still pretty dumb. What was she expecting to happen if she did get over that cement wall. Was she supposed to magically fly over the 10 foot statue?

11. InTheWASide

InTheWASide New Member

Umm... DUH!!

:p

12. Speedracer

Speedracer New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    This is one best example why American market automobile has too many warning lable on the car!

13. Batavier

Batavier Member

"Off-road" driving involves more than just having a big car with four wheel drive... :)

14. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Funny or not, this still belongs in FHOP :)

15. BobA

BobA New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Brings BACK to Metro vs Retro... sorry the picture is not very good...

Bob

16. bookrats

bookrats New Member

Let's see.... silver lining, silver lining...

Got it:

Well, hopefully the kids learned something out of the whole experience. (That their mother is an idiot.)

17. LeVautRien

LeVautRien Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    ...and that they've got half of her in them so they're likely idiots too. :mrgreen:

18. bruceha_2000

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    From the article
    I don't see anything that says one of the kids was driving.
    And I have to wonder old the kids were and why she was joy riding them around at 3AM.

19. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    She wanted to jump the statue??? Hey, I've got a pretty low opinion of SUVs and their drivers, but it's easier for me to believe that the pics were from a drunken accident and that FUH2-dot-com made up the story. Even a complete idiot, if sober, would know that you can't jump anything in a vehicle without a ramp. Even in those ridiculous car-chase movies, the impossible jump always takes off from a ramp.

20. HTMLSpinnr

HTMLSpinnr Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    N/A
    You'd be surprise what some people think. I've heard worse come from various people's mouths. They're simply ignorant enough to not understand that gravity wins in the end, and that cars don't jump in a perfect arc. Movi e jump cars are generally weighted down in areas to help them "fly" evently. w/o a 50/50 split, the front ends going to nose down and stuff's going to break.

There are some cars that probably could make the jump. Half of the Baja lifted trucks here in OC come to mind. They have huge amounts of front and rear suspension travel , and the beefed up shocks to boot. I still wouldn't expect them to try it though!

As for durabiliy - there are other H2 videos on the site - one where a guy is 4bying up a rocky mountain, and going over rocks, ends up snapping a tie-rod. Too heavy, and not heavy duty enough to even do normal off road stuff - I'm not surprised this one ate it too.

All show, and no go. H2.