1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funny questions asked about Priius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by dzy46, Apr 3, 2005.

1. dzy46

dzy46 New Member

some funny questions asked about the Prius,

do you plug it in...
    will it go over 70 mph
    will it climb a hill
    what happens if your batteries get low

also everyone comments, wow, this car has lots of room!

2. kidtwist

kidtwist New Member

And how about this one: "Is it hard to pedal that thing?"

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Are you trying to run me over?

A group of people were standing on a sidewalk. I was slowly pulling up to park - mindful of the quiet nature of being in full electric mode. As if on cue a man in the group stepped backwards into the gutter. The group let out a collective panic alarm to the man who immediately stepped back up on the curb. He turned around and was shocked to see a car less than a foot from where he was standing.

He later said, “you taught me never to step into the street without looking . . . That thing is QUIET!â€

4. bobc

bobc New Member

A friend asked jokingly, if I could get money out of the MFD. The touch screen evidently reminded him of an ATM...

5. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    lol. funny post. I've always had people get angry with stealth mode. hey, it's not my fault they never watch where they are going and they are deaf. I can hear a prius comming from far away. I've been able to hear a stealth prius from several hundred feet away. there is a light humming noise. not sure if it's the tires or what *shrug*. i can simply hear them.

ATM! lol. that's great.

i get people asking how fast it can go. Does it go over 80? yeah. it goes 108. then i usually get an OH!.. and quite after that. They are stumped that it's better than a normal car. lol

More of my neighbors are buying a Prius now. I get more and more questions lately.

6. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    So how's the car?

and

Do you still like your car?

Poeple get new cars every day but I've never had people randomly ask follow-up questions about my car before. Every time they ask, though, I light up and tell them all the great things about it and how much I still love driving it.

7. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    My mom asked this when I called and told her our car had come...
    I should point out my parking spot (we live in an apartment building) is at least 1000 feet away from our front door.

"So uh, don't you have to buy a reaaalllllly long extension cord?"

Haha! But she saw one the other day were she lives and called me to tell me how neat it looked.

I get a lot of 'how the hell does that thing work?" in parking lots.

Another good one: Can you drive it in the rain? With it being electric and all? And how about changing things like headlight bulbs? How do you not get electrocuted? Aw man. Like they would release a car you can't drive in the rain...

8. nmrickie

nmrickie Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"78160)</div>
    You mean you can? Boy do I feel stupid . . .

9. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galaxee\";p=\"78160)</div>
    Yep here in the (now) rainy Pacific Northwest we park our Prii for 9 months of the year when it is raining. :roll:

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    And we only can make right turns else our cord will make a mess at intersections if we make a left.

V8, I think that hum might be the fan

11. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

On guy at work followed me, later told me "Gee, that thing takes off". And to think I don't speed or accelerate fast anymore.

12. jimofdg

jimofdg New Member

My nieces (ages 10 and 8) are visiting from Longmont, CO (where I hear the Toyota dealers are very good). They had become accustomed to the compass in our Avalon and would announce our direction of travel every time it changed.

So yesterday was their first Prius trip (with Nav). Wide eyes and smiles. More interest in technical things than I've seen even when they are working on video games or computers. Then I said you can talk to the car. And the question came...

"Can you ask the car 'Are we there yet?'"

My answer was, "You don't need to. The car will tell you when you have arrived." And it did. More smiles. (And the tall one thought it was roomy.)