1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Funny story having window vents installed

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by wtfjr, Sep 30, 2006.

1. wtfjr

wtfjr New Member

A funny thing happened when I left the Prius to have the Weather Tech, in the track, window vents installed.
    The first thing was that I had to show the Tech how to start the car, which was no real surprise.
    My wife picked me up & we went shopping to leave them alone while installing the vents.
    I came back about four hours later, paid the $99 + tax & went out front to get the Prius.
    When I got into the car, I noticed that it felt cool in the car.
    The car had been left on !!
    It was sitting out front of the shop, on a very busy road, & the damn thing was running, ready to drive off.
    The average MPG had been at about 51 when dropped off, & it was down to 29.
    The car must have been left running from the time we dropped it off at about noon, until 4PM when I picked it up.
    I was going to go inside & tell the shop owner, but some other time.
    BTW these vent shades are quite nice.
    Later....

2. chimohio

chimohio New Member

Well you did say you showed him how to start the car, not turn the car off.

3. billyboy

billyboy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(prius biker @ Sep 30 2006, 01:12 PM) [snapback]326086[/snapback]</div>

Its like Microsoft Windows. There's a start button, but you have to click it to get the the menu to turn it off.

You would think will all the high tech electronics in the car they would have provided a overlay or something on the start button that by itself toggled between start and turn off or something. ;)

4. eagle33199

eagle33199 Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(billyboy @ Sep 30 2006, 03:48 PM) [snapback]326173[/snapback]</div>
    Well, it's a Power button, not a start button! :lol: that being said, with the SKS it's really easy for people unfamiliar with the car to leave it turned on... Next time, turn off the SKs before leaving and you'll likely avoid the problem (since they'll realize it's on when they try to take the key out).

5. Beryl Octet

Beryl Octet New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wtfjr @ Sep 30 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]326082[/snapback]</div>
    Not as funny as the car getting driven off. At least they put it in park I hope. I'm gonna be freaking every time I let someone else drive mine now.

6. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Did you have a valet card to give them?

7. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wtfjr @ Sep 30 2006, 02:03 PM) [snapback]326082[/snapback]</div>

I would really like to see a picture of the vents installed .

8. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beryl Octet @ Oct 2 2006, 10:22 AM) [snapback]326868[/snapback]</div>
    Let someone else drive our Prius? Not going to happen unless one of us is in the car with them...

9. onerpm

onerpm New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    please tell me you paid $99 for the ventshades and the installation, and not $99 for the installation only!