1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

fuse for power mirrors and panel lights 2003 prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by metroguy, May 10, 2009.

1. metroguy

metroguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I am looking for help with the fuse location for the power mirrors and panel lights on a 2003 prius. Both items are not working on the model i just purchased, so I think the problems are related.. the owner's manual does not list a fuse for these items. I checked the three fuses boxes under the hood and the one alongside the driver's door on the side of the dashboard. Another posting mentioned a fuse above the parking brake cable, but it does not appear that the 2003 has a fuse there.

2. vincent1449p

vincent1449p Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Hi metroguy,

There is only 1 fuse to the power mirror, ACC fuse (10A). It can be found at the Instrument Panel J/B.
    [​IMG]

Can you tell us more details of your problems? Are you able to start the car to [READY]? Is your radio or CD player working? Can you move the Shifter? These are related to the ACC fuse.

Attached Files:

3. metroguy

metroguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the reply Vincent. I guess we have different versions of the 2003, as the fuse panel on mine at that location is different! It does have a 10 amp acc fuse, but it is location # 25, which is also the third one down in the first column. That fuse is ok, and the car starts ok and drives fine. The radio (and cassette player!!) work ok too. I am not that worried about the mirrors, but the lack of the instrument panel lights is dangerous at night if the I am looking for the defroster or other controls in night traffic. regards, d martin

4. metroguy

metroguy New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the help Vincent. As a result of your tip I stopped looking for the fuse issue and looked at the connectors behind the dash and both the dimmer and mirrors were disconnected!