1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Future new owner

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Jay C, May 9, 2009.

1. Jay C

Jay C Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    After cruising this site last night (first post was at 1:51AM) and this AM, I believe I have found my new car. I found it mention By Jeff Balcer in another post on this forum. It's a 2010 Silver IV with carpet floor mats. I've put a deposit on it, and am hoping it's land some time in the first week of June. I'm excited, and exhausted after 4 days and nights of research. Not much room to negotiate since I need the car now, and he has what I want on the way, but the discount he gives to the PC members is nice. Compared to a 2009 standard package 4 it's 3,100 more including the 1,000 rebate from Toyota. Not sure what leather seats would run on the 2009.

I'll have to travel to Chicago to take ownership so there some more cost, but I don't think I would be satisfied with the 2009.

Now the wait starts :)
    Jay

2. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats!

You'll quickly come to love the car unlike any other car you've owned. It's just so different! :)

3. Jay C

Jay C Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I should note that I have been wanting a Prius for over a year now. My previous car was an Acura CL Type-S. I joined the ecomodder.com forum to learn ways to squeeze as much efficiency as I could from it. I bought a scan gauge II, inflated the tires, and was able to get 27MPG with a bit of work. My next step is to go deeper into pulse and glide :D

Thanks for the welcome,
    Jay

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That is great!

You'll have a lot of fun tweaking the milage out of your new Prius for sure then. :)

5. BooShine

BooShine Wishful Thinker

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats Jay C.

I too was heavily influenced by the site when making decision to go for the 2010 - but it's a good thing!

I ordered a winter gray package 4 with nav, but that might change when my dealer finds out what they'll be getting in.:D

6. ibmindless

ibmindless Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hey JayC - I also unloaded my cherished Acura CL Type S for my Prius. The Acura was a very nice car, but it was time to reduce my contributions to the Middle East oil sheiks.

7. Jay C

Jay C Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, after a front-end collision with a Camry 3 days ago, my decision to part with it was made for me :) Prior to the CL I had an Integra. Both times the car's safety value protected a member of my family. But there is nothing in their lineup that get's even 30MPG city so they were marked off.

I test drove an Insight too, based on the Youtube reviews. They are nuts, I had to work as hard to get 32.4MPG in ECO mode city and back road driving (5mi). There was no contest. The Insight was "weak" and is not in the same league. My 97 Civic HX rewarded me with 40MPG consistently and that was back when I had a lead foot :D

Sorry, just had to get that out :D

FWIW,
    Jay