1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

future owner

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by paberry, Mar 10, 2007.

1. paberry

paberry New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    If I want to run a tyre compressor or a car vacum cleaner,how can I avoid flatening the battery? With my present non hybrid I have the engine running to avoid a drain on the battery.Can the ICE run whilst the car is in nuetral ? I am hoping to buy the I-tech model next month, there are only 2 models available here in Australia.
    paberry

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pedro @ Mar 10 2007, 03:41 AM) [snapback]403272[/snapback]</div>

If you're just going to be boosting the tires up I wouldn't worry about the 12v, it should be fine even in ACC mode. If it bothers you, you can just put the car in READY and leave it in Park. I wouldn't put it in neutral since the ICE can't start up and can't charge the battery. Just leave it in park and the ICE will run when necessary.

Remember that the 12v is charged by the HV battery, not the ICE as there's no traditional generator/alternator.

3. paberry

paberry New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 10 2007, 12:58 AM) [snapback]403288[/snapback]</div>