1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Future Prius C owner

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by palala, Apr 18, 2013.

1. palala

palala New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi all, my first post here and I am glad to find this forum. It is so helpful and I learned so much about the prius family!

My wife is interested in buying a prius c but I do have several questions in my mind before I pull the trigger....

1. How's the soft-tex materials feel like in Trim 4 compare to car seats cover like Clazzio? We are debating to get Trim 3 or 4, it looks like the only thing we need from Trim 4 is the color of the car seat being the cool black one but I don't know if it worth another $1500
    2. How's the navigation system? I heard it is pretty bad and would like to get an aftermarket one like Pioneer or Kenwood, but then I have to downgrade to Trim 2 and give up the option of sunroof which my wife really likes...
    3. Is it possible to have dealer order a custom-made Prius c? Would the cost be substantially higher?
    (This may sound dumb but if I can get a Trim 3 and trade the navigation for the sunroof option that would be the best....)
    4. Does prius c have a back-up sensor? If not any recommendation of a good back-up sensor system? (I know the alternative option to back-up sensor is back-up camera and I read the thread about it....but I've only installed aftermarket in-dash GPS before and I still have no idea how to get the wire all the way to the hitch area.....so I thought back-up sensor is easier to install?)

Thanks all!

2. wmo168

wmo168 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Two

3. ztanos

ztanos All-around Geek!

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    A lot of dealerships have people that can install sunroofs... don't know if that is an option for you.

You can't get a 3 without the Nav, however.

You can add a backup camera to the 1/2, as well... but you would need a screen to view it on.