1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Future Prius Owner

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Main Forum' started by markjosh51, Jul 8, 2023.

Tags:
  1. markjosh51

markjosh51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I was on here before, I had a 2014 Prius which was great but I traded it for a KIA Niro but now after seeing the Prius, I’m sold! I just wanted to know if anyone has gotten the new one if so, what are your thoughts.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    lots of people, just peruse the gen5 threads.

i've been looking at used niro's, are you happy with it?

3. HoustonEvolution

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    XLE
    lots have gotten the new ones. There's a new practice though in place just like the giving of little rubber ducks with Jeeps. Now, anytime one of us sees another with a new Prius, we give them a nice 5$ bill. If you want to Venmo me mine, just let me know. :)

and welcome aboard!

4. Bob P.

Bob P. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE AWD-e
    I received my 2023 LE AWD about a month ago. I currently have about one thousand miles on it. It's my first Prius and first Toyota.

Thus far, I have had zero problems with the car. The seats are amazingly comfortable for a base model car. I am currently getting 54.3 mpg (accumulated miles since new). I have been taking it easy on acceleration and fast starts during break-in.

I have no problem with seeing the speedometer as some have mentioned. I do have trouble parking as it is hard to judge where the nose of the car is when pulling up to curbs. When parallel parking, the parking assist sensors do a great job and that is no problem.

I would definitely recommend this car to others.

5. markjosh51

markjosh51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It’s good. I have put over 100,000 miles without any problems. I want to go back to Toyota because of the reliability. My entire family has own Toyotas for 30 years.

bisco likes this.
  6. markjosh51

markjosh51 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Excellent. How’s the ride comfort? Is it better than the previous generation?