1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuzzy Center Console; any cleaning tips?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cyberpriusII, Jan 7, 2010.

1. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Decided I should probably clean that "blue suede" fuzzy center console.

It's not too bad, but has a bit of mud and various other gunk that has accumulated in the past two years.

Before I go ahead and have at it -- any advice from those of you who have successfully -- or unsuccessfully -- gone this way before?

2. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I use Interior Cleaner, 8 Ounces - Griot's Garage in my 2010 but also used it all the time in my 2006 when I had cloth seats and it works wonders. I also use it for stains in the carpet around my house, in clothing etc. Works great for something that literally has no smell or color to it.

3. bluesparky

bluesparky Prius v -Five ATP Blizzard Pearl

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    This won't help you get it clean but what we did when we bought the vehicle was to purchase leather covers for the console & armrests. On E-bay, there is a person that custom makes them to fit the particular model prius that you have. They were easy to install & look great & keep the "fuzzy" fabric on the console & armrests clean. You can wipe dirt off the leather covers easily. We have used them for 3 years & they are still perfect. Well worth the minimal cost.

4. DarrenG

DarrenG Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That'll be Robin from Prius Hoods. I have one of his sunvisors, superb kit.

5. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks all for the tips. Sorry for the late reply. I've been feeling pretty horrible for the past couple of weeks.

Think I will try the cleaner and then look into the covers!

6. badrufus

badrufus Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Ditto the recommendation by DarrenG on Robin's console cover. I've had one on my 2008 Prius for 19 months, 20K miles. Stays put, looks great, easy install.