1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Fuzzy Instrument Cluster Display

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by its_tery, Dec 30, 2021.

1. its_tery

its_tery New Member

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius
    Model:
    Technology
    Just recently got a 2022 Prius Technology in Canada, and l want to say this forum has been a great help the past few months in figuring out some of the things in my new car.

About a week ago, a weird fuzzy blur started showing up on on the left instrument cluster screen (see image attached). Wondering if other people have seen this before on other 4th gen Prius.

It's not fog or condensation that I've read about in some other prius generation. It almost look like some sort of electrical noise. Usually when I start the car the screen is fine. About 30 mins into the drive, it would turn fuzzy instantly and occasionally flicker back to a clear working screen.

The car is only 3 months from the dealer, so I'll definitely be taking it back to get it checked out.

IMG_1155.jpg

Edit: Yes, I'm ashamed of my score. Been thinking about using a different highway exit from home with a longer ramp...

2. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The fog or condensation on older Prius models is because it uses a vacuum fluorescent display and projects it on a mirror up to the dash.

The Gen 4 Prius used an LCD. Either way, that doesn’t look great. Definitely worth sending it to the dealer and having it looked at and fixed under warranty. Sorry to hear have a problem on a new car.