1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

FYI: make sure you buy an OBD2 scan device! can save you

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by judoman09, Dec 21, 2022.

1. judoman09

judoman09 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My brake pedal was making a chirping noise, and then the brakes failed. Only when completely depressed, did I have any brakes. Was scary! Lucky it happened upon start of driving, so I was going slow enough that there was no accident.
    Luckily I had bought an OBD2 bluetooth gadget, I think originally i was interested to scan the health of my batteries with Dr. Prius. But this time, I plugged it in, and it showed two error codes in the ABS system. I had to pay $15 for a monthly access, and then I was able to 'reset' the codes ... magically the brakes started working! was awesome, I would have been screwed with out it.
    (Then drove 2.5hrs to my Toyota, they assessed and said I needed a new Master Brake Cylinder. They wanted to charge me $4400 and 3-4 weeks from Japan ... instead I went with a wrecker from Melbourne who had a 60,000 km-old set for $2200, and I got it within a week.)
    (btw. This was the gadget I used: https://caristaapp.com/ )

mjoo and bisco like this.