1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GA tax credit bill is dead

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by the fish, Mar 13, 2006.

1. the fish

the fish Member

Today is crossover day in the Georgia legislature and any bills proposed must pass their committees to reach the floor.

This is significant to House Bill 21 which was proposed last year. As drafted, HB21 would have given an Georgia income tax credit to hyrbrid owners of the lesser of 20% of the vehicle cost or $5,000. Sadly, an email response to my inquiry of the Bill's author states that the Bill will die in committee. They plan to revisit the idea next year, but it could only apply to purchases after January 1, 2007.

So today I will bury the hopes of an additional tax credit (to the Federal one). During my brief moment of silence, I will fill out the form to start withholding state tax again. Too bad, it was going to help me with my AMT also.

2. SluggoLovesNancy

SluggoLovesNancy New Member

Thanks for the update. Will keep fingers crossed, as spouse will be converting her SUV over, sometime by the end of the decade. Fed deduction/credit will be long gone by then.