1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

GadgetHead gets his new Prius!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mbutterfield, Aug 5, 2006.

1. mbutterfield

mbutterfield New Member

I've been so busy, I forgot to mention... I took delivery of my Silver Pine Mica Prius with Package 3 last Friday, with the help of Joe Miller at Toyota of Killeen, Texas! My wait is *finally* over! :wub:

Details on several good :D and not so good dealer :angry: experiences will follow shortly. I have opinions on which dealers I would try again, and some that I would avoid like the plague. (I will post in the Dealers & Pricing forum, and put a link here when I am done)

Meanwhile, I am beginning to 'Geek My Ride'. I have a new dimming mirror on it's way, and plan to install the EV stealth mod, window tint, mud guards, front mask, and rear bumper guards. I am actively trolling eBay and PriusChat marketplace to save a few bucks on these parts over dealer retail. It's no coincidence that the name of the car is 'TOY ota' :lol:

2. Rangerdavid

Rangerdavid Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    :D Hay!! and Congratulations on you new silver pine mica!! I have a SPM in package #5. I just added all weather floor mats and mud flaps last weekend. The mud flaps look good, in a flat black color, they go well with the SPM color. I also ordered and just received the custom sun/heat shield from PriusChat, fits like a glove. Next I'm probably looking at a bra of some kind as well to protect the front end.

Yesterday I added a cup holder unit by Belkin to hold my Dell Axim PDA, which holds by Outlook contacts, and 2 GB of music I can play through the mp3 connection. I havn't tried to link it up with the bluetooth yet, but it looks like its trying to.

Good luck and enjoy your new Pruis!! Give us all a report on your first tank of gas (and the miles per gallon). These forums are a wonderful source of information about your new ride. ENJOY!! :D

3. mbutterfield

mbutterfield New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rangerdavid @ Aug 5 2006, 08:10 AM) [snapback]298174[/snapback]</div>
    Well, my first tank of gas was quite a surprise. I was told that it was full when it arrived at the dealer from the port. And, yes, the guage DID show full. However, I was alarmed at how fast the tank went down. I only got 160 miles from the first tank :angry:, and refilled with about 1 or 2 pips left (I don't recall), but it was just over 10 gallons. (I KNOW that I didn't get 16 MPG!!!) I have since gone 100 miles since my last fillup and the guage still shows full. :huh:

I got about 45ish from Killeen to Austin. However, my mileage has not been good on short trips, as I work less than 3 miles from my house. My MPG is in the upper 30's, probably because the engine barely gets a chance to heat up (I hope this is normal!). On longer cross town trips, I again get in the mid 40's. I don't have a running total, as I have been playing with the reset button to check my milage on different types of trips.

In hindsight, the dealer should have topped off the car without trusting the guage, but who would expect the guage on a brand new car to be inaccurate.

4. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Congratulations!! Hope you're having a fantastic time tooling around in your new geekmobile!! :D