1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gaining Access to Rear of MFD?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by olcorral, Dec 14, 2005.

1. olcorral

olcorral New Member

I got my '06 Barcelona Red Pkg #8, grey leather interior last Saturday and want to know how to gain access to the rear of the MFD to install the "SoundLinQ (Model SLI) - Auxiliary Input Adapter with Apple® iPod™ interface."
    Is it a good idea I try it myself or does anyone know who could do the installing the unit? Like Best Buy?
    Thank you,
    olcorral.

2. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    do it yourself. will take less than an hour. look at the CANVIEW (recovered) link for info on how to do it. the CANVIEW install requires you to plug into the back of the MFD... took me less than 40 minutes (had practice installing the AIC two weeks before). even a newbie can do it in an hour at the most. minimal tools. eflier has a great link to a guy who did extensive stereo mods to his Prius. easy directions...

3. Marlin

Marlin New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  4. olcorral

olcorral New Member

Marlin,
    I've tried to open the 2 links you posted with no luck. The message is "Page Can Not Be Displayed."
    I still want to know how to get into the back of the MFD.
    Thanks,
    olcorral

5. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    try installing acrobat. pages wont open if u dont have it

6. KTPhil

KTPhil Active Member

The problem isn't lack of Adobe Reader-- I have the Reader and it doesn't work. I can't do a "Save Target As" either and get an error about the server. Please check the links again.

7. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
  8. DanMan32

DanMan32 Senior Member

Why do you need to get to the back of the MFD? All you are installing is an aux/IPod in, not a video adapter.

You need to get to the back of the radio head unit. You can sneak in there by removing the glove boxes, remove the 10mm bolt holding a junction box, move the junction box out of your way, then plug into the changer port behind the radio. Will have to feel your way around back there.

9. pcjr

pcjr New Member

Hey, anyone have pictures of this method of install? It sounds MUCH easier than the PDF manuals I looked at, which looks really drastic in removing entire panels as far as the left side of the steering wheel. What's this junction box anyway? And what charger port do you speak of? I just got the Vaistech Sublinq too, and it looks like there are two ports to hook up to the Prius.

--Peter