1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gallup says 57% of respondants intend to buy Hybrids!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by moomin, Apr 10, 2006.

1. moomin

moomin New Member

NEW YORK A Gallup poll released today shows that nearly half of all Americans have cut back "significantly" on their driving due to high gas prices--and in a surprise, 57% say they will consider buying a hybrid car when replacing their current vehicle.

About half of Americans report economizing in general in order to compensate for the increase in gas prices over the past year.

Those favoring hybrids show little gender or regional differences, but "hybrids appeal much more to younger and middle-aged Americans than to seniors," Gallup reports. Upper-income Americans are slightly more likely than lower-income Americans (62% vs. 55%) to say they would seriously consider buying a hybrid when purchasing their next car.

The Article

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(moomin @ Apr 10 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]237717[/snapback]</div>
    I hate to think this but if we gave that 57% a test they could not accurately describe what a hybrid is, that is why GM gets away with the "dark brown, soft smelly" stuff that they laughingly call a hybrid. Now all I have to do is buy a bigger battery and a decal and put it on my old Ford Explorer and it will be the first Hybrid Explorer!

3. dipper

dipper Senior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hdrygas @ Apr 10 2006, 08:24 PM) [snapback]237881[/snapback]</div>
    Oh ya. That is the ticket. I am going to make myself an hybrid s2000.... :lol: