1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Garage door opener options? Prius v *** lowercase v for the Prius v wagon ***

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by EdibleSmurf, Mar 28, 2017.

1. EdibleSmurf

EdibleSmurf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Trying to determine my options for a garage door opener integration for my Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon, not an uppercase v. Only the 2010 Prius used uppercase Roman numerals for model designation) (2012). is this location (image) used with other trim packages for a Toyota Factory opener (or what other accessory?).

[​IMG]
    Yes, I could just go for a visor Opener... However...

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five

Factory Home-Link opener is integrated with the rear view mirror housing. Not sure what is in that cavity of the overhead console.

3. EdibleSmurf

EdibleSmurf Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Thanks for the prompt reply @Air_Boss ! I'll have to look into the rearview mirror option.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    mine is integrated to the visor.:cool:

EdibleSmurf likes this.
  5. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
  6. Offline

Offline Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    The panel circled in your photo in our 2012 Prius v Five has the "SOS" button for the digital cellular based Safety Connect emergency help system that came in the optional Advanced Technology Package. I assume the space above the panel in your car is empty but I have no idea how big the space is.

Maybe you could just stick your current garage door opener on the little panel with sticky double sided velcro tape. The 98 Camry that our Prius replaced had a little compartment in the same location that held interchangeable sunglasses and garage door opener holders. One side of the velcro tape was stuck to the inside of the garage door holder and other side of the velcro tape was stuck to the back of the garage door opener. This made it easy to remove the garage door opener when necessary such as when the Camry was taken in for service.

EdibleSmurf likes this.