1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Garage Door Opener Programmin

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Paso Prius, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Paso Prius

Paso Prius New Member

Hi Guys:

We have a garage door opener that is dynamic (alters code for security). When I program one vehicle for the code...the other vehicle won't open it...and vice versa. Does anyone know how to get both vehicles with opener buttons and learning functions to be able to read the same signal...or is it as routine as synchronizing the learning function of both at the same time?

Thanks,
    Dave.

2. jalynn2

jalynn2 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I have this working with 4 openers: two Homelink (1 in a Honda Pilot & the other in my 07 Prius), and 2 remotes + a remote keypad. I have a Sears opener with the rolling code. When I traded in my Honda Odyssey for the Prius I forgot to blank out the code in its Homelink, so to be safe I made the opener forget all codes & started over.

With the remotes that came with the door, I pressed the "learn" button on the on the opener, then the button on the remote & my opener blinks the lights to acknowledge. I did both remotes & the remote keypad before moving onto the Homelinks.

1. Start by erasing the Homelink memory: Push the two outside Homelink buttons on the mirror and hold them until the light flashes.

2. Hold one of the remotes you programmed 1" away from the Homelink & press & hold the button on the remote at the same time as the button on the Homelink that you want to program. When the indicator light changes from a slow to a rapid flash, release both buttons.

3. Press the Learn button on the opener. Within 30 seconds, press the button on the Homelink 2 or 3 times, until the door opens (or closes). My opener blinks the lights after the first press to acknowledge that it got the code.

I then repeated the process with the other Homelink. Now all 4 openers and the remote keypad will operate the door. I also programmed another button to turn the light on and off in the garage.

hope this helps,
    Joe

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :mellow: Took three attempts to program my Homelink mirror. I, too, have the 'rolling code' garage door opener.

I found it necessary to follow EXACTLY the instructions found on pages 307-310 in my Owner's Manual. The trickest part was climbing the stepladder and pressing the 'lean' button on the motor unit and getting back to the Prius in time to make it work.

This had no effect on the other garage door opener remotes... both worked as usual.