1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Garage door openers with rolling codes and Prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norbert, Jul 10, 2005.

1. norbert

norbert New Member

I want to install a Genie Excelerator garage door opener. The trouble is it uses a rolling code system. I am wondering if I can train the built-in opener on the Prius to work with this opener.

2. jayman

jayman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Norbert:

Shouldn't be an problem to.

Go to the following URL, which is the official Homelink site:

http://www.homelink.com

Click on English/North America, then click on the Training tab at the top of the frame. You'll then have to go through a 3 step menu.

For that, under step 1, open the drop box and click "Program for the first time," under step 2 you'll have to go into the drop boxes to tell the site what make, model and year of car you have, under step 3 you'll have to go through the drop box to tell the site what model opener you have.

I've found that the bugaboo can be not erasing the Homelink memory before programming for the first time. Make sure to hold the inner and outer buttons until the LED blinks, that may take more then the 20 secs they suggest.

Jay

3. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Make sure you have fresh new batteries in the remote! You often have to hold the remote transmitter for some time and if the battery is not fresh the signal strength appears to drop so it does not work. Follow the directions exactly.

4. myride

myride Junior Member

:mrgreen: I have installed the same door opener and it works with the veh without any problems. my mother-in-laws door is also rolling code and it works for her door too. follow the instructions in the owners manual under rolling codes and you will do fine good luck 8)

5. norbert

norbert New Member

Thanks everyone for the help!

6. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Rolling code will work fine. Ours uses rolling codes.