1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Credit Card

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Tom6850, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Tom6850

Tom6850 Retired

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :) Just happy to report that today I received my first credit card bill which reflects the charges for one month of driving for the Prius. I use only one credit card for gasoline, 5% discount. I was charging around $350 a month for the old car, a Ford Sport Trac, this bill is $96!!!! If I continue to save this amount it will be really great. It even included a 1000 mile trip. :) :)

2. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tom 6850 @ Mar 20 2007, 01:11 PM) [snapback]409045[/snapback]</div>
    The downside is that your rebate is lower although they are taking steps to correct it. :( The Prius uses almost half as much gas as my Olds. :)

3. Bob.H

Bob.H Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    There is a minimum amount of fuel you need to buy per month to qualify for the discount on our cards. Like 40 gallons, an amount we never use now. So we quit using the cards and started paying cash when we traded the mini van for the Prius. Our gas credit cards haven't been used for a couple of years now. One we cancelled and cut up for the poor customer service and online payment fees charged to us.

There is no reason to give a discount to use the card unless they are making it back with interest or a fee of some sort so beware.

Bob

4. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I use a Card through PenFed CU that gives 5% back at any gas station and there is no minimum. They automatically credit the rebate to the card at the end of each month. So even though we are putting way less on the card, we still get the discount!