1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Engine Miles Driven

Discussion in 'Gen 5 Prius Fuel Economy & Prime EV Range' started by KH111, Jun 16, 2024 at 8:02 AM.

1. KH111

KH111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Is there a data summary screen that shows how many total miles my 2024 Prime has driven with the gas engine running? We have 1800 miles on it since new and am curious how much of that is actually with the engine running.

KH

2. tovli

tovli 2023 Prius Prime replaced 09 Prius

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Ah, WIBNI..
    Your best estimate now, (having failed to meticulously record your charging and fill-ups), will be to search your credit card statements for fill ups. Total dollars/ approx average price per gallon * 43 mpg = approx miles in HV

My stats:
    - 66% of 7318 miles have been EV mode
    - ave high speed mpg is 43, average overall mpg is 46

#2 tovli, Jun 16, 2024 at 8:54 AM
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2024 at 9:02 AM
  3. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Past models had a %EV measurement.
    It includes the times the engine was off in HV mode with the EV mode miles, so doesn't work for the point of finding out how many miles was done in EV mode.

4. HacksawMark

HacksawMark Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    The only readout I an aware of is after each trip, it will tell you what your overall MPG was and what percentage of the trip was in EV mode.

5. KH111

KH111 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2024 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    Didn't want to have to record every trip summary or research receipts to determine it, mostly just curious if there was an easy way. When we go in for the first service I will ask the mechanics if they have a way of figuring it out with diagnostics.

KH

6. Will B

Will B Active Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE Premium
    Yea, this is a pain. For me it was wanting to ensure I had done a decent jib of breaking in the engine before a multi-thousand mile road trip. My variation on the above suggestions was to ensure that I had two gas tank fill-ups before my toad trip.

I still log gallons each fill-up, more as a hold over from my Gen1 to verify MPGs even though it makes little sense with the PHEV.

Will

7. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    If your driving style and trips are very consistent, just log a few weeks of your EV% and you'll have a very good general idea. If you like to park for hours with your car on, you're out of luck.