1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas for $.002/gallon??

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Rancid13, May 9, 2006.

1. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Gas Price Mistake Lets Customers Fill Up For Pennies

POSTED: 6:39 am EDT May 9, 2006
    UPDATED: 2:35 pm EDT May 9, 2006

[​IMG]

PLAINFIELD, Ind. -- A costly mistake at a Plainfield gas station early Tuesday morning means the business is out a lot of money.

The mistake, blamed on a computer glitch at regular unleaded pumps at a Shell station near Interstate 70 and State Road 267, allowed people to fill up for just pennies.

Full Article...

2. Drift Motion

Drift Motion RMS13

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    with that happend around me

3. Presto

Presto Has his homepage set to PC

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    There was a glitch on the price of regular one day at one of my local gas stations. Instead of 109.0 cents per litre, someone put the decimal in the wrong spot and it was 10.9 cents a litre. SUVs filled up for less than 5 bucks :D. I missed out on this pricing error. It was only in the afternoon, but still, i think the station lost a good chunk of change

4. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rancid13 @ May 9 2006, 05:33 PM) [snapback]252369[/snapback]</div>

I wonder how many people took advantage of this situation. I personally would not have. If I put myself in the same situation but on the opposite side I would not want that happening to me. I wonder if that gas station is privately owned, where the owners make pennies on the dollar and now face the thought of paying bills on the gas it bought that it did not generate from its sale. How terrible.

I guess that means its ok to steal as long as you can get away with it. Honest mistakes happen to everyone - to take advantage of it is the real wrong.

5. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    The ARCO on Foothill and Irwindale Ave, (CA) ran out of "3s" so the gas was _.29.9......_39.9.......etc. for a few days. I can remember when gas really was 29.9....without any "3s" in front of it. Yeah, I'm old.