1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Gauge Incorrect

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Vysse, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Vysse

Vysse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So after doing a battery reconditioning over the course of 5 days I noticed that my gas gauge has been acting up. I want to note, as it may be why I'm having issues, that during the reconditioning my battery was disconnected and I was at an incline. So when I first started the car it said empty. I then put it on flat ground and then turned it off and on again and it said full ( it was one bar below full before all this ) I then drove it a bit and it dropped to one bar below full. I then put gas in to fill her up. It hasn't shown any changes and I'm concerned since its now not showing full. Any ideas?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    there might be a way to reset it, but i would try disconnecting the 12v neg for a minute.

3. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I think you should just drive for 300 miles and then fill up

4. Vysse

Vysse Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    You know it's funny I was searching for hours and right after this post I find information on the issue. It seems that when I reconnected my battery on an incline that it recalibrated the gas gauge. I just need to recalibrate it again by doing some stuff and I'm good to go.

bisco likes this.