1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas gauge problems

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Fuel Economy' started by Jtrickey1, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Jtrickey1

Jtrickey1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    So basically I currently own a 2008 Toyota Prius. Whenever I add fuel I typically only put in $5-$10 dollars at a time and the gas gauge still shows that I need to add in fuel.

I have already read on here that because of the type of fuel tank they added in these cars, you usually have to put in at least 4 gallons at once in order for the gauge to go up. Because of this, I'm wondering if it's possible to switch out the tank with a typical one so the gauge will actually notice what I put in.

If so, does anyone know of one that would be compatible with a Prius and the cost of the part? I have a family member that is a certified mechanic that will do the work for me. I just need to know if there is any steps I need to take before doing so and the cost of the replacement tank.

I am located in Ohio if that adds any insight. Thank you in advance for any help!

2. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    No, it's not possible, sorry to say.

Why don't you fill the tank full and then refill when it get to 3/4 to 1/2 way down?

srellim234 likes this.