1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas guage move on '06

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by captnslur, Jun 22, 2006.

1. captnslur

captnslur Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    :mellow: We have just sold our '04 and have now about 2000 miles on an '06 ( mainly because of Bush's $3150 incentive)and am wondering if any one else questions the move of the information on the information panel which now has the fuel/miles section on the right side of the panel where the shifter info used to be.

It's not an improvement, just a change which we find limits the view of the fuel level/miles driven information by the passenger/spouse/navigator. Since the car goes such a long distance on a tank we found it handy for the passenger/spouse/navigator to be able to remind the driver that it may be time to refuel. Also when recording the miles in the fuel log now the driver has to relate the miles driven to the navigator/recorder person/spouse/wife.

Seems like a change for change sake with out any real merit. Can it be changed back to the "old arrangement"?

Just wondering........

2. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

You could try driving it about 800 miles a week.

Then, you just know you need to fuel up about every 4 or 5 days and it stays fresh in your mind.

:) :) :)

I've only had the '06, and from what I see in the car, I think I like it better than the pictures of the older displays that I've seen.

The car reminds me with the 'add fuel' thing, flashing fuel block and beeps... I fuel up about every 4 working days so it's not a problem with having forgotten that the thing needs gas.

I just have a different process.. I write the mileage on the gas receipt from the pump, tuck it in my cell phone and then at some point later in the day input the data from the receipt to my database which automatically breaks down the numbers, figures out the averages, builds my web pages and uploads them to my webserver. That's how I track it, so I just don't have the recorder/person problems.

You could install another two mirrors correctly positioned that would give your passenger a clear view of the whole display.

3. nwprius

nwprius Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I too made the change from an 04 to the 06 and I agree with you about the display. The passenger cannot read the mileage. Makes keeping the data, by passenger, more difficult. Perhaps Toyota will see our discussion and think about it for the next version.