1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Inlet on 2012 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by sw20td06, May 7, 2012.

1. sw20td06

sw20td06 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey Everyone, I'm new to the boards, just picked up a new Prius Model 3 Hatchback, loving the new car. I've had the car three weeks, and have about 4k miles (I commute about 180 miles a day) plus took a trip up North this past weekend. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to ask the dealer, but is the gas inlet (not sure if this a correct term) supposed to move a little bit when inserting the gas nozzle. I have three other vehicles, two hondas and a Sienna and the gas inlets do not move. I noticed witht the Prius it is not just bolted down or stuck in one position, it has a little give to it, kinda made me wonder if mine was unbolted, defected, etc. Everytime I fill up it feels like I am breaking it somehow it has quite a bit of play in all directions. Any feedback is appreciated.

2. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    My 2012 mdl II does the same thing.

3. ChipL

ChipL Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    First :welcome:

Second I have not noticed it in my 2012 so far; but then it is far less visits to the gas station with the Prius :D Will look in to this on my next fill-up....

BTW join us on Fuelly to share the highs and the lows in your new ride....

4. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    It appears that the filler neck isn't bolted to the 1/4 panel. Instead, it looks like it's held farther down the neck with a bracket. Nothing to worry about.

5. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    My '10 does the same...

6. sw20td06

sw20td06 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the info everyone. I emailed my service advisor and he got back to me yesterday too and he said basically the same thing you guys said.

BTW, this modifying of cars never goes away, especially with the aftermarket support of the Prius. In the last three weeks I tinted the car, put the euro mudgauards, hid kit w/relay, husky liners and now I'm about to get some black lugs for the oem wheels. They look quite nice without the hubcaps. I ended up getting some toyota center caps (from the yaris I beleive) and painting them black with a couple coats of clear. Looks very clean and great contrast with the silver. I would like rims, but it's our commuter car and besides the wife wouldn't approve. Next up are some LED's to replace the license plate and parking lights up front.