1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas just dropped to $2.47 here.....

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by mootsman, Aug 26, 2006.

1. mootsman

mootsman New Member

Gas is less than $2.50 all over town today. Down from right at $3.00 when I bought my Prius last month. I'm not one of those that would like to see gas rise -- I know how it effects every day working class folks, etc. But, it is pretty weird to see the reversal so soon after my purchase. I'm sure it's likely a minor correction in an overall trend but how it can vary 50 cents a gallon in < one month is enough to make one assume an Oliver Stone mentality -- well not quite.

2. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mootsman @ Aug 26 2006, 10:29 AM) [snapback]309784[/snapback]</div>
    Look hard. Even buy it out of town if you have to, but avoid paying for cheap gas at all costs. Cheap gas has screwed us before and it'll screw us again. Yes, expensive gas "effects" working class folks (hey, that's me!), and all for the positive... in the long run. In the short run it'll hurt, like many things that are good for the long run (saving money, working to save for retirement, working out to become healthier, etc.) Please don't forsake the future for a piddly extra expense today.

OK... only half tongue-in-cheek here. Cheap gas is the enemy in my book, but expensive gas isn't really the fix. I still do buy the most expensive gas I can find, however - the rare times I'm forced to do so.

3. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, it's still over $3 here. But I expect gas all over will slowly move up and down with a downward trend until...November. Then it will go up and even higher than it was before.

They have to make $4 by end of 2007.

4. wilco

wilco New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(darelldd @ Aug 26 2006, 10:35 AM) [snapback]309786[/snapback]</div>
    :lol: Darell, I always enjoy your posts. You should come up to Washington... $3.20 today. But that's not as bad (er... I mean good ;) ) as Canada. The cheapest gas around Vancouver BC today is the equivalent of $3.60 US, and that's down from approx. $4.10 last week.

5. M. Oiseau

M. Oiseau 6sigma this

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wilco @ Aug 26 2006, 01:26 PM) [snapback]309814[/snapback]</div>
    We should say aloha to our friends in Hawaii, where they're paying about the same as Canadians. Hmm...

6. syncmaster

syncmaster Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mootsman @ Aug 26 2006, 01:29 PM) [snapback]309784[/snapback]</div>
    So, the gas companys plan is working.
    Raise the price really high, then lower it a little and the public will think it is a steal.

7. huskers

huskers Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    It is sad when we think $2.47 is good for gas. I guess we all can go out and buy Hummers now!!! :lol:

8. deh2k

deh2k New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I think that high energy prices are the only thing that will make the majority of people try to conserve. Arguments about global warming, funding terrorism, etc, etc, won't help much.

I would like to see the US government add a large additional tax to fuel and use the money to fund conservation, public transportation, alternative energy exploration, and assistance to low income people (who would be hurt most by higer fuel prices).

9. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Whatever Gas costs, I'll be using a lot less of it now. I even got 50mpg this weekend. Only had the car a week or so woot!