1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Mileage Issues

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by jervin, Oct 18, 2005.

1. jervin

jervin New Member

Just thought I would bonce this off the group for ideas. I have 9600 miles on my Prius and for about the last month I seem to be experiencing a loss of power as well as the gas gauge seems to be very inaccurate. For my last tank, the reader from the center console said 47 mpg but when I calculated from the miles driven/gallons to fill it up, it came to 38 mpg. Whenever I have checked this in the past it has been pretty accurate (within 10%). I can handle it being off slightly, but that is not normal. I am going in for my 10000 oil change within the next week or so. Any ideas as to what to ask the dealership about? It just seems to have lost it's power and performance.... Thanks for the help.

Jon

2. orangeblood

orangeblood Junior Member

The car's bladder tank and tight nozzle seal make consistent fillups extremely tough. I wouldn't worry about single-tank anomalies, as it's likely you were able to put more gas in the tank than you normally do, thus lowering your calculated MPG.

OB