1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Prices Falling

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Schmika, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Schmika

Schmika New Member

<_< There has GOT to be a conspiracy going on! Crude oil prices have not dropped significantly. All that refinery damage from Rita and Katrina, and the other one can't have been fixed by now. No new refineries have been built. No new oil fields have been opened. But gas here was about 3:09 in early september and NOW it is 1.92. What is that, over 33% drop.

There HAS to be record losses going right now with the oil companies. Stockholders should be enraged.

HOW am I supposed to budget when I cannot depend on stable gas prices. Now I have more discretionary funds. HOW will I ever make up the "Prius premium" with prices so low.

The papers don't even seem to care. Am I the only one who notices what is going on.

I can't even get my congressman to have hearings. Everyone was going nuts when the prices went up. Why doesn't anyone care when they go down?

Where are all the crackpot theories...where are all the watercooler experts. I WANT SOME ANSWERS!!!!

(for those of you who live your life too literally....this was satire) B)

2. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

yeah, with falling gas prices i might as well sell this car off and get an escalade or something i don't have to cost justify.

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    supply catching up with the demand. Or so they say lol. We all knew they were cashing on the fear and panic.

4. ckbarnard

ckbarnard New Member

I'm looking forward to when the supply of Prii catches up to the demand! :D

5. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    Not me. I want to see demand that grows 1% beyond Toyota's ability to produce them (no matter how much they ramp up production) every year for the next 10 years.

6. catsbox

catsbox Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I noticed the gas prices starting to fall dramatically as soon as big oil was called to testify before congress amidst allegations of price gouging. I find it interesting that over the last week to 10 days, my local Shell station has been selling at the same price as the AM PM (usually the cheapest gas in town), and a block from the Shell is the Chevron selling for 15 cents more per gallon.

7. 8AA

8AA Active Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Gas has gotten back to being so affordable that I just leave the parking brake on all the time now.

8. tripp

tripp Which it's a 'ybrid, ain't it?

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    :lol:

Don't forget to put 'er in 'B' for enhanced fuel inefficiency!

9. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Seems it's obvious to every driver in the nation except congresspersons that what we have here is old fashioned COLLUSION. Then again, we all knew this would happen when ole Coup-d'etat Junior barged onto the scene. But wait, news flash...Its all CLINTON"S fault!!! Anyway, Monopoly, Collusion, or old back slappin' good ole boys, it's all the same...Steal what you can from the many for the benefit of the chosen few!!! God wills it so!!! If she cared about the little people there wouldn't be any, we'd all be rich.

10. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The conspiracy folks all go into hiding whenever gas prices fall. Happens every year. We won't hear about "Peak Oil" until the next price increase. That should come when demand peaks again ... next spring.

My prediction is that at the end of the year, the oil companies will end up just slightly above last year after seeing their "record profits" eaten up in the 4th quarter. That happens every year too, but the hysteria you heard from folks like Bill O'Rielly won't give you the full story.

11. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, you won't see "Peak Oil" publicised anyways. People have been debating that for quite a while. Since the saudis et al guard their actual reserve figures so fiercely nobody really knows. The Kuwaiti field's peak 15 years ahead of schedule is interesting in light of that.

12. Schmika

Schmika New Member

It's not even worth the effort to "pulse and glide" anymore. All that time to learn it....WASTED!!!

13. dogtrainer

dogtrainer New Member

It is down to $1.75 in Narrows Va yesterday at a Shell station also at the competition across the street. The Liberty was $1.74 they are always cheaper. But heating oil has not come down nor has natural or propane gas. They have you every way you turn. Oil companies annunced BILLIONS in profits last quarter so to take the pressure away gas comes down after we paid the inflated prices for months ,now home heating goes up, it will come down this sumeer when gas goes up, We are screwed anyway we turn.....

14. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

You will also see how short-termed / short-sighted the memory of a lot of folks are with the return to normal sales of gas guzzlers.

I've even noticed the agressiveness of some drivers has returned to the norm also.

How easy we forget.

15. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

It's no coincidence... When the owner of the building that houses the candy store starts asking questions, the fat kids listen.

:ph34r:

16. tripp

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I prefer 'B' with parking brake engaged. Get the car up to about 70 mph and then 'Pulse and Grind' for 50 ft or so. :lol:

17. davedog

davedog Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    hiya schmika.

hmm, even when it's "cheap", it shouldn't be wasted! sigh--some of these ppl.

18. heliotropehead

heliotropehead New Member

19. Stevep

Stevep Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    It doesn't make any difference if it is cheap or expensive, I figure I am still saving money, and it is still cool to be driving a car that gets 54MPG B) , no mater what the price of gas is.

20. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

[​IMG]