1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas prices rising?

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by hycamguy07, Mar 28, 2006.

1. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Greetings~

Well the word just came in , they are looking at $3.00 a gallon or more for 97 octane by the end of summer & are expecting it to remain that way per FOX News.

LOL its funny listening to all the people griping that they may have to sell thier large SUV's and ride the bus... I wish I was where they news crews are filming I could say Im not worried I drive a Hybrid and I get 512 miles per 11 gallons of gas. I dont think they would air it though :lol: .

Of course gas prices always rise for the summer as people drive more so they can pay big oil more for them to beable to fund thier X-Mass time..

The other thing that worries me though is that some independantly owned gas stations may try and charge even more for gas, like a few did when the hurricanes came through florida they where chaging $3.00 a gallon for 87*
    of course the state shut them down for price gouging..

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I refilled on Sunday at $2.45 for 87 octane. On Monday, the price dropped to 2.42 but today it was 2.55. This amount of variation is very odd. I can see $3.00 easily in Chicagoland.

3. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I would not even want to pay $3.00 for gas in a Prius... (im cheap and poor) I would make use of public transportation If I lived in a region where such a thing existed.... we dont have anything here, no busses, trains, taxis, etc... its either car bike or walking, and distances from one town to another of 20-30 miles make bikeing and walking not optional.

4. darelldd

darelldd Prius is our Gas Guzzler

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Kinda tough to keep track of prices since I only buy gas once every couple of months. I still have gas in my Prius from the dealer... six weeks ago. :)

But I'm rooting for $3 minimum!

5. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    $2.55 here on Sunday went up to $2.649 yesterday at all the Chevrons. By this afternoon or tomorrow it will be $2.649 everywhere in town...probably $3.00 before anywhere but California.

6. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Active Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gilahiker @ Mar 29 2006, 03:18 PM) [snapback]231807[/snapback]</div>
    I think that HI beats every other state in the US. Check out:

http://www.californiagasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

You can add Hawaii to that plot, and see that it's generally ~$0.40 more expensive than even CA. Serves them right for the beautiful climate that they get to live in :p

7. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Betelgeuse @ Mar 29 2006, 01:51 PM) [snapback]231832[/snapback]</div>
    Yeah...gas is pretty expensive here...more than Santa Fe...more than any other town in NM! That's what we get for living in a beautiful small town with a great climate...lots of beach...just no water...

8. Walker1

Walker1 Empire

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Last Sat. I pd. $2.55.9/gal. reg. @ Sam's Club. Not good for anyone with limited resources.

9. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

If this keeps up, it's going to be worthwhile to STEAL gas from cars next to you in parking lots.

[​IMG], here we come...

10. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    $2.53 at Arco and $2.61 at Chevron right near my work-Huntington Beach, CA.

11. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    $1.08 per litre today. If I've done the arithmetic right for litres to US gallons and Canadian dollars to US dollars, that's $3.52 per gallon.

12. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

Rising fast here too. As prius drivers we can really feel the change as the time between fill ups is greater. Will be over $3/gal by end of April at this rate. I think states should quickly raise gas taxes so petro companies can't raise prices without taking some heat. Otherwise prices will rise and profits will rise and alternative transport will not be able to raise taxes as all wiggle room will be eaten up by petrol profits.

13. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Our Arco jumped to $2.67 for 87 and that is pretty cheap. I was in OB yesterday and there was 87 for 2.89, 89 for $2.99 and 91 was over $3. I suspect that we will hit $3 before the end of summer, more like June if we're lucky.

14. Capt132

Capt132 New Member

Here in central FL I see $2.59/gal. the lowest today.

15. skruse

skruse Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    87 Regular is at $2.67 in central California. I look forward to when gasoline is $10 per gallon. We will make decision to defer cost, look for ways to be more efficient, drive vehicles based on home-generated (solar) renewable electricity.

Sacramento Newspapers have been running articles on "Sacramento Without Oil." It will be a different place. Wal-Mart will disappear, sprawl will be constrained, people will demand light rail and bicycle paths, people will live closer to work and school, community and neighbors will become more important.

16. keydiver

keydiver New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Almost every station around here was $2.69 or more this morning. I felt lucky when I found a Sunoco for $2.63!
    BTW, this was my 3rd 500 mile tank. Boy, that feels good! B)

17. mikepaul

mikepaul Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    I've resigned myself to a bitter future, and will drive all I want now. Once it becomes painful to joyride, I'll stop.

Later, when $2.44 a gallon would be a huge bargain, I'll remember the fun I had...

18. gilahiker

gilahiker New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Well, prices went up at our gas stations later than I expected. This morning all the other stations went up to $2.649 per gal 87 and the Chevrons dropped to $2.549 gal. One of my friends said he thinks it is funny how someone who drives a Prius with average 46 MPG in this very hilly town on short trips is so concerned with gas prices when the town is populated with mainly non-hybrids. I told him that it may be funny, but I like to know where my money might be going and get the best deal on gas when I finally do need to fill up! :lol:

19. 2Hybrids

2Hybrids New Member

Guess I'll put on my gear and head out for some petrol!!! Hey Squid, do you have a cattle guard on the front of your Prius too?

[​IMG]

How do I look? Think the guys at Chevron would get nervous when I pull up?

oh, and don't try to catch the boomerang... :eek:

anyone wanna give a shot and doing a Photoshop of a Mad Max era Prius??? That would be kewl. The multiple arrow gun would be kewl mounted in the back hatch area if you remove the hatch itself.