1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gas Prices shooting Up Again

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Catskillguy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I would have to think it's everywhere... Gas in my area has gone up over 25 cents a gallon over the last 2-3 weeks.

Is is the same story near you?

(I know this is SO WRONG, but it makes me feel a little self satisfied because it makes my pending Prius purchase seem better and more affordable.)

2. TonyPSchaefer

TonyPSchaefer Your Friendly Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    The same gas station I passed this morning at $2.29 was $2.45 this evening.

3. Salsawonder

Salsawonder New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Wow I thought Southern California was the land of gas gouging but ours has gone from $2.17 to $2.28 in one week. Not as bad as Tony's :p

4. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Actually, regular hit $2.53 today by me

5. Denny_A

Denny_A New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    You can keep track of fuel prices anywhere in the US (and Canada) at:

http://gasbuddy.com/

If you need to look up IL, click on the state and get:

http://gasbuddy.com/gb_region.aspx?region=IL

Illinois pops up with a choice to view Chicago or anywhere else. Select IllinoisGasPrices.com , which pops up a page with high and low prices around the state.

To specify a specific city find the box which says Search for Gas Prices, scroll to and select the city desired, select ALL, or specific brand name, and select Gas Prices or Diesel Prices. Looks like this for Waukegan:

http://www.illinoisgasprices.com/index.asp...an&tme_limit=24

It was very useful this summer when we drove to/from Ottawa, Ont, CN. Price was at 1.20 per litre Canadian when we departed for, and down to 1.01 per litre when we returned. Helped when deciding when, where to refuel. Sudbury --uh,uh. Much more expensive than Ottawa. Sault St. Marie, Ont, CN? Definately no. Sault St. Marie, MI, US. YES!

BTW, a Visitor to Hudson Falls, NY is reporting $2.49 per gal at the Gulf station on Feeder St.!

6. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I paid $2.25 this afternoon. The last tank I filled up was at $2.18 about a week ago. THe week before that it was the same. No price spike around here.

7. Mystery Squid

Mystery Squid Junior Member

Yeah, I've noticed the creep up too...here in Tampa... Probably the same goes for Mass....

thank goodness I didn't end up with that Expedition...

8. Jack 06

Jack 06 New Member

Winters, CA: Prius capital of US. 30 miles W of S
    We never quite made it back under $2 ($2.03). Must be there are no state legislative investigations of gas pricing going on right now---a different Law of Supply and Demand. :angry:

9. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    hmmm now you are scaring me. still at half a tank, gas was $2.06 this morning. didnt pass that way this evening... but it will take more than a week before i will need gas.

10. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    gas here reached a new low (compared to the past year anyway) of 84.4¢/litre

11. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Jonathan... i think its a Pacific Northwest thing... or would that be a Pacific Southwest thing in your area??

12. JackDodge

JackDodge Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    I love your avatar, by the way. Aren't they cute? :) One of the local newstations has a "prices to drive for" bit that the traffic chick does and she was reporting prices under $2.00 a couple of weeks ago but now the price I see all over is in the $2.35 range.

It's not wrong to fee a little smug about getting much better mileage than everyone else. It wasn't the reason why most of us bought a Prius but it's a side benefit, nonetheless. Another sign that we made a much better choice than all of those guys who just can't live without their gas guzzlers.

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

In Dayton OH area it was 2.19 on Wed eve, 2.49 on Thursday and back to 2.38 this AM. I wonder what it will be when I go out to lunch!!! LOL

14. aaf709

aaf709 Ravenpaw of ThunderClan

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    Wednesday I paid $2.22, Thursday it was $2.29 at the same station.

15. Three60guy

Three60guy -->All around guy<-- (360 = round) get it?

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    In the Milwaukee area it is $2.49. Ask me now if I care? hehehehe Boy, who says having a car that gets high mpg doesnt make a difference? I think it's great.

16. Rancid13

Rancid13 Cool Chick with a Black Prius

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    It went down for a few months, now it's going back up. Gas earlier this week (Tues/Weds) at Arco was $1.99/gallon, at Chevron $2.05/gallon. Same Arco this morning it was $2.15/gallon and at the same Chevron $2.19/gallon.

17. micheal

micheal I feel pretty, oh so pretty.

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    In Lubbock, gas prices have been gradually creeping up the last month. Several weeks ago it was around $2.04 or $2.05 and is now at $2.18-$2.20, but never more than a couple of a cent jumps at a time.

Makes me a little worried about how much gas prices will go up in the summer. It is nice on the other hand too to not have to hear about how stupid hybrids are when gas is only around $2 a gallon.

18. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

Went up to $2.57 a gallon today, another 4 cents

19. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Well, I've been watching the gas prices because I want to fly to London from LA in March.

In December round trip was about $570 (that included all taxes and fees.)

Yesterday it was $470. (Again, including all taxes and fees)

I don't think it's going to get much lower than that for a round trip from the west coast nonstop to London. I think I paid more than $500 last time I went which was 1999. I think gas is going to slowly but steadily go up this year. It will be $3+ a gallon again, will stay there longer and if it comes down, won't come down as much as it did this year. Slow, steady increase.

And as the price of gas and oil go up, so does airfare.

I'm thinking I better book now rather than wait closer to my trip. I have a very narrow window of flight times and I really don't want stopovers. I'm already driving up to L.A. and then back on my return. Plus I have to get from London to Leeds and back again. (I'll probably take the train.)

20. Catskillguy

Catskillguy New Member

I agree... It'll approach $3 at least when the driving season begins after Memorial Day