1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. Aprill's Toy

Aprill's Toy New Member

Please offer any information you have on filling up the gas tank. We have one new 2004 prius and will have another one next week.

2. tag

tag Senior Member

Aprill's Toy wrote: Please offer any information you have on filling up the gas tank.

Remove nozzle and squeeze (sorry, couldn't resist :lol: ).

But what exactly is your question? Could you be more precise re what type of information you're seeking (e.g. how many gallons the tank holds, how low before filling up, grade of fuel)?????

We have one new 2004 prius and will have another one next week

Whoa! You must be charmed! :D

You have one 2004 already and are getting a second one next week? Some have been waiting 4 months and still don't have their first one yet (this could be me in about 3 months from now).

3. FredWB

FredWB New Member

Tag, I'll jump in and ask should we top off or not? If so, how much, .5 gal, 1 gal, or...? It seems like if you don't top off you're not ever going to get very close to 11.9 gal. Or maybe the problem is that when the tank low light comes on you still have 3-4 gallons in the tank. That bladder and local tempertures appear to hamper getting much over 400 miles per tank. Whatever you do, you need to be consistant to acurately calculate your mpg.

4. dupie61

dupie61 New Member

How many new Prius owners have made Toyota aware of this fuel tank problem? I have with out any results, It's been a month and NO feed back from Toyota as to what they intend to do about the guess gauge so properly called on other webs.
    Toyota pay attention and read what you have given the consumer, not a fuel gauge, but a GUESS GAUGE. This problem is not going away and for every Prius that is built in Japan just adds fuel to the fire.

5. talleyid

talleyid New Member

Toyota's Response

I've been trying to get more info regarding this issue also. Here is the response I received recently:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
    Our technical staff and engineers are actively investigating the concern you expressed about the fuel gauge accuracy. As soon as more information is available, we will be providing this to our dealerships so that they may properly advise you.

In the meantime, we recommend that you follow the guidelines in your 2004 Prius Owner’s Manual and add gasoline as indicated by the low fuel indicators, if not before. We also suggest that you keep records of your fuel filling history with mileage and fuel efficiency as stated on the multi-information display in your vehicle.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this situation has caused.

We appreicate your patience.