1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gaso $3.27/gal in NJ, DE, MD, & NoVA

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by wjtracy, Sep 30, 2013.

1. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We had a chance to drive from NJ to north VA (NoVA) on Saturday, passing thru DE and MD.
    Despite differences in state gaso taxes, the common low price for TopTier.com (major brand) was around $3.27 per gallon in and around I95 corridor. Some off-brands 10 cents cheaper but not major brands. I was using GasBuddy.com as my "better half" drove. If you stopped right on I95 rest stop, add 10-cents, which we did as we were on one pip and I was too scared to chance it (before we left home I had added 1/2-gal of lawn mower gaso to make it to "cheaper" NJ but fell 10-miles short...I lacked confidence that the "guess" gauge knew what I had done).

We are now entering the time of year when gaso prices go down, and it's in the news that gaso prices are going down significantly. My prior argument of higher gaso prices in NoVA seems to have gone away in this time period.

JMD likes this.
  2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    With fall will come the winter blend. It is cheaper, but also will reduce fuel economy, as anyone tracking theirs will know.

3. massparanoia

massparanoia Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Just gassed up at $2.96

4. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    ..thought we might see <$3 in Jersey too, but no.
    The area we covered was mostly ReFormulatedGaso I assume, so add ~20 cents to correct for that and your lower price is probably consistent.