1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. lostindecoland

lostindecoland New Member

Had my 05 prius for one year now. Like the car, but about one month ago was driving down the road and noticed a stong gasoline odor. The dealership was nearby, so I stopped in and they noted the odor also. They wanted me to leave the car but was not able. Fuel was added four days previously. No spills or no topping off the tank when I did filled the tank. Anyway, the odor went away by the next day and I forgot about the problem.

The same problem happened last week, but the gasoline smell was not as pronounced.

Any ideas on why this occurs?

2. hdrygas

hdrygas New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Unless you were storing Gas in the car in a can I would trust your nose. You need to find out where it came from. It is not good to smell gas in your car!

3. Frank Hudon

Frank Hudon Senior Member

this could lead to a possible fire, and the car has a warranty on it and that's what dealers are for. Take it in. find out where it's coming from and fixed. Not enviromentally friendly to be dumping hydrocarbons into the atmosphere. Rant off. Take it in and they'll fix it.

4. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    If you have a "strong gasoline" anywhere in or near your car, you really need to figure out where it's coming from, and take steps to stop it.
    Like, immediately.
    Hydrocarbons leeching into the atmosphere aren't nearly as bad as the voluminous amount of evil gasses and particulate pollutants that will be released if the gas vapors find an ignition source!