1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gathering of Eagles

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by dbermanmd, Mar 19, 2007.

1. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Seems there was another anti-war demonstration over the weekend. This time they were met with an equal or greater number of pro-war activists. A beautiful sight. Here is the link.

http://gatheringofeagles.org/?p=191

2. efusco

efusco Moderator Emeritus
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Well, that settles it, the war is good, justified and was never a mistake...I'm convinced.... yea!

3. dbermanmd

dbermanmd New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 19 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]408491[/snapback]</div>
    that was easy :D

4. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

5. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Mar 19 2007, 01:45 PM) [snapback]408509[/snapback]</div>
    Thanks for that...really puts this "Gathering (?Congress) of Eagles" bunch into proper perspective.
    My favorite line from that blog (and there are several excellent ones):
    But how does Gathering of Eagles know about the spit/paint attack? I didn't get the memo, and there are a lot of liberals in my wiccan coven.

6. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 19 2007, 01:05 PM) [snapback]408520[/snapback]</div>
    I could be missing your point or maybe I just don't get your brand of spit humor. Is this guy denying or are you denying that these things have happened in the past, that they are being threatened again and that these people have the right to prevent them from happening?

Wildkow

7. efusco

Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Mar 20 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]408827[/snapback]</div>
    The point is that this "Gathering of Eagles" group made up the story that the protest group intended to deface the Vietnam memorial. It was presented on their site as a fact that this was the protest group's plan and intent just to rile the masses, foment hate and anger. When, in fact, there was never any mention, plan, nor intent to deface anything. They intentionally planned their activities so as to face away from the Vietnam memorial so as to not disturb those visiting the memorial...they intended to show due respect to the vets and their loved ones. This was never an anti-veteran protest in any way yet the Gathering of Eagles nut-balls needed a reason to get themselves lathering at the mouth so they created a fiction to do just that.

8. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Mar 20 2007, 07:06 AM) [snapback]408885[/snapback]</div>
    It has happened so many times in the past that I can understand their fear. In fact the protest at the Capital just a few weeks ago was supposed to be peaceful, as stated by the organizers, and yet they still defaced the Capital with spraypaint.

Wildkow

p.s. BTW, Fox news has video of these protesters spitting on their microphones just because they were trying to interview the protesters.

9. desynch

desynch Die-Hard Conservative

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Liberals just protest.. I bet if you asked one of them why they are against the war they'd say something about trying to protect the fluffy bunnies or saving the rain forest.