1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gave up my Prius today!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by nerfer, May 7, 2007.

1. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    But it's not as bad as it might seem...my wife and I switched cars for our commutes - now that my business moved closer and daylight savings is in effect, I'm biking more often than not. The other car is a Honda Accord, so while it gets 30mpg, it doesn't make sense for her to drive that (30-40 miles/day on average) while the Prius stays in the garage.

Still, I miss it already! I did drive today (coming off of a cold, energy level still not where it should be), stopped the car and I reached for the MFD to check consumption screen before powering off, and realized I couldn't do that anymore. There's no feedback of any kind to see how my mileage is doing, other than taking a big guess based on the trip meter and gas gauge. How primitive! :(

2. subarutoo

subarutoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ May 7 2007, 11:57 AM) [snapback]436993[/snapback]</div>
    Plug a Scangauge into the Honda, and you can get instantaneous as well as trip MPG's, though your mileage may vary. No fancy graphs tho. I've been tempted to plug it into my wife's Outback, just for laughs (18-20 mpgs).

3. galaxee

galaxee mostly benevolent

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    when DH took the prius on a road trip and i was in the camry for a few days, it felt so alien.

4. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(subarutoo @ May 7 2007, 02:45 PM) [snapback]437031[/snapback]</div>
    That's a good idea. I didn't realize that was available for all OBDII vehicles.

5. ystasino

ystasino Active Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I've had the Prius for 8 days and that thought depresses me already.

I feel for you!

6. chogan

chogan New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ May 7 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]436993[/snapback]</div>
    Know what you mean. I shut the engine off at stoplights in my other car -- kind of a placebo. When I do that my kids say I'm Priusing.

7. Gringa

Gringa Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nerfer @ May 7 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]436993[/snapback]</div>

I know what you mean. Over the weekend we had parked my husband's Jeep Wrangler up at Home Depot hoping to get it some exposure since we're trying to sell it. Towards evening we went up to pick it up in the Grand Cherokee that I had been driving before buying my new Prius. Man, what a difference in the way that it steered and braked. Give me my Prius any day!! Never will I go back to that! :p