1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gear Indicator and Eco Light dimming

Discussion in 'Prius v Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Weirderal, Oct 25, 2023.

1. Weirderal

Weirderal Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

I concede, this is more a question of intrigue than any kind of significant problem, but I still felt it worth asking.

For my 2012 v, on long night drives, I appreciate the "blackout" setting of the dimmer switch. However, it leaves on the Eco light and the gear indicator on the combination meter (gauge cluster). Speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, power indicator all disappear, but not the eco light and the gear indicator.

I'm curious if that's the same for all of the v's? Or if mine is defective? Or if it was revised with later years and they also disappear then (and whether that would work in mine), etc.?

(I know the Eco light can be disabled altogether via settings, but that's my Good Person Validation, dammit!)

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think it’s true of all Prius, the gear indicator may be a safety regulation, idk

3. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    You can use little bits of tint film to improve the view.

You can buy it in small sheets from Dim-It or LaminX.