1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gear shift to power button not lit

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Ilisidi, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Ilisidi

Ilisidi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Haven't driven my Prius for 3 weeks because the headlights needed replacing and I had a leaky tire. Just got it back and I'm sure the dashboard had more things lit up before. But my memory sucks so maybe I'm wrong. It seems like the park button, power button and gear shift should be lit so one can easily find then in the dark. The steering wheel also seems very dim. I checked the 'panel' fuse, which is fine. None of the other fusses seemed to apply to this area. IMG_20200227_193554220_BURST000_COVER.jpg

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    I bought a 2008 a year-and-a-half ago or so, and ended up changing the light bulbs in the power button, park button, and gear shift. Sounds like roughly the right age for them to burn out (depending on how bright the dash dimmer has usually been kept).

SFO likes this.
  3. Ilisidi

Ilisidi New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    Thanks for the input. Did you have to take it to a shop or were you able to do it yourself?