1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 battery ECU

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by trseven, Sep 21, 2012.

1. trseven

trseven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Anyone have a good spare gen 1 battery ECU they would be willing to part with for a reasonable price? Or does anyone have any experience repairing them? Mine is a little unusual but self inflicted. Problem started trying to match replacement battery capacity with the original pack. Ended up rehydrating 4 batteries and was able to gain what I needed. Should have paid more attention, but one of the stainless steel screws (on all 4 batteries) I used was touching the bars that go across the top after I put it all back together. Created a path to the case. ECU didn't like it. Thought it was just 2 of the opto-isolators. But now when its connected to the sense lines, I get pack voltage on the ECU case that quickly drops to .4 volts when read with a meter. When the ECU is installed in the battery case, it does the same thing but only drops to 5V and stays. This is with the battery removed from the car.

Thanks!
    Gerry

2. bwilson4web

bwilson4web BMW i3 and Model 3

Vehicle:
    2018 Tesla Model 3
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    You might contact ReInvolt. They typically recycle old cases and ECUs into the replacements. But if my experience is typical with accelerator rebuilds, they _may_ have some spares.

Bob Wilson

3. trseven

trseven Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks Bob, I thought of that too. But if I were them I'd be saving any spares I had in case a core came in with a bad ECU! Unless they figured out how to repair them. I'll shoot them an email anyway. Thanks!
    Gerry