1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 No Air Circulation in Cabin

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by tr_blankenship, Jun 15, 2023.

1. tr_blankenship

tr_blankenship Junior Member

I tried searching but couldn't find any other posts or solutions. Could be my verbiage, who knows.

Anywho, my 2001 already had A/C issues - where it works great for a few minutes then the light starts flashing and the air is no longer cold. Found the solution for that and have in hand the little washers to replace. BUT this week it not will no longer blow any air in the cabin - hot, cold, no air at all. I've tried all of the different settings and still nada. Anyone experience this and have a fix?

Cheers - Tam
    Over 350,000 miles and still love her!

2. Brock Turner

Brock Turner Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My 2002 did this the other day. All I did was hit under the glove box, and the fan started blowing again. I'm not sure if the fins had a minor obstruction or if the plug just barely came undone... I've had this same issue on our 09 Corolla and 98 Camry, each time merely hitting the fan fixed it.

If that doesn't work, it's time to check fuses, wiring to the switch and to the fan motor, or the fan motor itself.

Good Luck!

tr_blankenship likes this.
  3. Trombone

Trombone Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The blower fan is located behind the glove box, and is quite visible when you remove the cabin air filter. Have you checked the fuse? See owner's Manual for fuse location.

tr_blankenship likes this.