1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 1 Prius seat compatibility

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by James_S, Aug 10, 2016.

1. James_S

James_S Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    First of all is there an appropriate place to discuss the gen 1 cars? All I see are forums for newer models.

Anyway our 2001 Prius which has been kept in excellent condition was recently totaled when it was rear-ended by a distracted driver. Grr! We really liked that car and the body style and dislike the keyless ignition that all the newer ones have so we managed to find a very nice one-owner 2002 Prius with low miles to replace it. Unfortunately it has cloth seats that are not in the best condition so I'm curious if the leather seats from the 2001 are a direct fit into the 2002? The cars look identical, are there any parts that *won't* fit from one to the other? We're looking into buying the totaled car from the insurance company in order to swap over all the best parts and then sell it off to someone who needs a good drivetrain but I want to know ahead of time what will fit.

2. James_S

James_S Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Well I later found the Gen 1 section, and I also answered my own question, yes the seats are a direct swap between all Gen 1 2001-2003 cars. Super easy actually, I had the whole set swapped out in a couple hours.