1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Gen 2/3 Brake Accumulators/Pumps for rebuild

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by jerrymildred, Jan 18, 2024.

1. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey gang. It's my 1st time offering anything for sale here and this might be a little different from what you typically see for sale, so here goes.

A friend, over the past year or so, has accumulated a large pile of 2nd & 3rd Gen Prius brake pumps and accumulators. If possible, we’d like to see them repaired and returned to service rather than sold for scrap. Would any of you be interested in buying them on the cheap and rebuilding them for your own use? We’d like to get $25 plus shipping for them, since that’s what they sold for when he had a core buyer, but will entertain offers. We'd rather not have to scrap any more of them than necessary.

It’s time consuming to package and ship them, so please only ask for at least five at a time if you’re interested.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    What was the core buyer doing with them?

jerrymildred likes this.
  3. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I'm not positive, but I assume he replaced the o-rings and any other worn out moving parts to get them working again. Otherwise, I don't think he'd have paid that much for them, but maybe there was profit in disassembling and recycling the materials. Seems like quite a bit of work, though.

I just thought that if there was anyone here interested in restoring them and getting them back in service, it would be nice to get these into their hands.