1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 C1344 code when raining only

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ShepardF14, Oct 16, 2019.

1. ShepardF14

ShepardF14 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

I have a 2009 Gen 2 Prius that throws the C1344 code only when it rains, no other time. When the rains stop and it's dry outside, I clear the code and the car is fine until it rains again. I've been searching the web and so far the problem other owners have with this is a wiring problem in the LR location of the car near the brake.

My question is what sensor/switch location in the rear brake of the car could be where water is getting into.

I'll put the car up and examine for wiring or connector opens but wanted to check here first to learn what else to look for.

Thanks in advance!

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the only thing i can think of is the wheel speed sensor, but there might be other stuff for abs and etc

3. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Has the behavior of the skid control/traction control light on the dashboard changed? It's normal for that light to flicker a bit when the wheels slip, and perhaps if that light is not flickering the system that reacts to tire slippage has something wrong with it? Of course this is all integrated into the ABS system and there's lots of different things related to this. But first step is if you have any additional symptoms to help narrow the options of what to look at next?

4. ShepardF14

ShepardF14 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    No other symptoms. All the lights come on at the same time, minus the triangle of death.

5. ShepardF14

ShepardF14 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'll try spraying the wiring connections with WD40 and see if I can waterproof it. Who knows I might get lucky the find a cable open.