1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Gen 2 Dashboard modifications - wraps - usb updates, etc

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by CWB, Oct 22, 2023.

1. CWB

CWB Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    So, this week I will be replacing the combination meter on my 08 to fix that annoying no dash lights issue.

My interior will be in pieces.

Why not update/mod or otherwise clean up and improve it in the process?

I looked at a website with wraps for interior dashes but no photos of how it actually looks on an 08 Prius

How would I add USB to the unused ports to the left of the steering wheel?

I have an after market radio with two plastic pieces on each side.. it has USB power out on the back of the radio and I have a cable coming out to charge my phone & power my Iphone for apply play.. Could I install a usb plug into the plastic to give it a more professional look?

What have you done to your Gen 2 interior to update/mod or otherwise utilize the spaces? Anything? Curious about the creative things you've done to your 08 interior.

One thing I did was when I installed the replacement clockspring to fix my failing cruise control was to screw the gps mount rather than have it on adhesive and put the charging cable inside the dash so my gps sits on the steering column behind the wheel. works great.

Love to hear any and all ideas, suggestions and pics of what you've done to spruce up your gen 2 interior.

Thanks

ilostmyprius likes this.
  2. Pioneerscot

Pioneerscot Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Do you have pics of your mods ?