1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale Gen 2 HV battery built using modules from 2015 Lexus

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by TMR-JWAP, Mar 8, 2019.

1. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Ladies and Gentlemen,

I know this is short notice, but I'm heading on a road trip to help someone with a Gen 1 HV battery on Saturday, March 9th. I'll be travelling on Interstate 77 from Columbia, SC (through North Carolina and Virginia) to Silverton, WV. This is a significantly longer road trip than I usually limit myself to for battery trips, but I'm trying to help someone out.

To help ease the pain of this drive :cry:, I wouldn't mind squeezing in another swap.

I have an assembled and tested Gen 2 HV battery available. It was built using modules from a wrecked 2015 Lexus. I have approximately $1025 invested in this battery, between purchase, shipping and new wire harnesses/sensor harness, etc. If you're within reasonable distance of my travel path, need a great battery and can make a reasonable offer (your old battery will also be required), feel free to message me. Let's see if we can work something out.

chelvis, SFO and Potorap like this.
  2. TMR-JWAP

TMR-JWAP Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Well, that trip is in the books. This was a "meet halfway" situation due to the distance involved. Well done to "M" for getting home safely, then getting it installed and putting the car back on the road. Another Gen 1 back on the road with one of the best Gen 1 batteries in America (other than brand new from Toyota). This is what led me to think of this experiment...........

This Gen 2 battery is still available. During the drive, I had plenty of time to let my thoughts wander and I've decided I'm going to experiment and try something new. I'm going to put this battery up for offers. Post 1 clearly shows what I have into the battery. I usually limit myself to no more than 4 hours (one way) from Columbia, SC for installations. If you're interested in having this battery installed into your Gen 2 Prius, let me know what it would be worth to you. Keep in mind it also requires your old battery.

This battery is 100% plug and play. As mentioned previously, it was assembled using modules from a wrecked 2015 Lexus. All modules have been thoroughly tested to verify capacities and load tested to ensure they will last for many years. I don't play the used harness game, so the wiring harnesses, bus bars and cables are new from Toyota. The battery was installed in my car for several days to verify proper operation during real world conditions.

If you're within 4 hours of Columbia, SC I will perform the installation. I'll use Techstream to perform a health check of your vehicle and verify proper operation of the battery during a test drive after installation. It'll have a 3 year guarantee since I do the installation and verification.

If you are outside 4 hours driving distance, we can either discuss the extra time, or we can meet halfway and trade batteries. You bring your old one and I bring this one. You buy the battery at the agreed upon price, provide the old battery and you get this battery. We'll discuss what kind of guarantee is suitable for your situation.

Let's see how this plays out.............

SFO and Raytheeagle like this.